Five Hot Beverages You Must Try This February
By Austin Albro
1. Mulled Cranberry Cider: There’s a new cider in town and it’s taking over. This beverage features something warm, something spiced, and little bit of everything nice. Dress up your #basic cider with cranberries, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. If you really love cranberry, add an extra splash of cranberry juice!
2. Mexican Hot Chocolate: What’s hot [cocoa] this winter? Chili powder! Spice up your hot chocolate with a dash of chili powder over the whip. Whether you’re more of the stovetop or microwave kind of person, this little kick will keep you nice and warm this winter.
3. Chai Tea Chai: This tasty drink ranks among the all-time favorite winter flavors. This warming beverage is full of aromatic spices that bring their own comforts. A dash of nutmeg, a hint of cinnamon, some sweet coconut cream and you’re in business. Chai tea is easy to make, so venture out and make it from scratch this season.
4. Matcha Latte: Holiday drinks can be loaded with sugars and calories, but they don’t have to be! This drink is not only healthy, it’s also vegan. Don’t shy away just yet though; the power of matcha ignites your metabolism, naturally calms the body and mind, and provides a lasting punch of energy.
5. White Chocolate Steamer: This season, whether you’re sitting fireside or melting into the couch, sip on something festive and delicious. Crushed peppermint and whipped cream are fabulous accompaniments to this steamed white chocolate beverage.